123 HP OfficeJet Pro 8710 Wireless Setup Guide
The HP OfficeJet 8710 is a full-featured all-in-one printer known to deliver professional-quality color. The device is productive, and it is capable of high-volume functions such as print, copy, and scan. In addition to this, you can also manage your budget with this printer.
Use Genuine HP parts and Cartridges to achieve a positive outcome. Utilize the touch screen control panel to perform all the operations. Instead of depending on the PC every time, you could try using a smartphone for a change. Download the HP smart app for your HP OfficeJet 8710 and get the tasks done.
In this article, we shall see an extended version of how the HP OfficeJet 8710 works!
Are you Setting up the HP OfficeJet 8710 for the First time?
Well, if this is your question, then we have the answer. It’s pretty simple, and the instructions are given below:
- In the beginning, Take the HP OfficeJet 8710 out from the box
- Then, clean the printer and remove all the existing materials such as dust, paper pieces, etc.
- Now, you have to fix and arrange the HP ink cartridges in their respective slots.
- After this, connect the printer to your computer using the cable
- Subsequently, power on the HP OfficeJet 8710
- Install the driver for your device and register it on the HP website as well
Once you finish these steps above, we shall start to explore the various setup methods in this printer.
Method for Linking the HP OfficeJet 8710 to the Wi-Fi
Several users are still unclear on how to connect my hp Officejet pro 8710 to Wi-Fi, so we have enlisted the instructions below for their well-being
- First of all, power on the Wireless printer. Work with the touchscreen panel to get connected to an internet facility.
- Secondly, push the right arrow key and choose the setup option on the touchscreen.
- From the setup menu, select the network option.
- Under the network menu, select the Wireless setup wizard
- Now the printer shall start to search for all the wireless networks in the surrounding
- Choose the Network SSID and enter the WEP/WPA Password
- Select done and push OK to confirm the settings
HP OfficeJet Pro 8710 Wireless Setup – Windows
If you are using a PC that runs on Windows, refer the steps below:
- Initially, you have to confirm that the PC can download the software automatically
- For this to happen, open the Change device installation settings
- Under this settings window, choose the Yes option and also click the save changes
- Tap and hold the wireless button on the printer control panel for a few seconds
- Once the Wireless light starts to flash, relax the button
- Again perform the same process using the WPS button
- Consequently, the printer and the router establish a firm network connection
So, Windows is over, and let’s try some other operating system!
HP OfficeJet Pro 8710 Wireless Setup Mac
For a computer that runs on MAC, here’s what you need to do:
- Go to the top-left hand corner and click the Apple symbol
- Under the Apple icon, you shall find the menu named System preferences
- Then, you have to click on the Printers & Scanners icon
- To add the HP OfficeJet 8710, you have to choose the Plus icon
- Now, a new window opens. Select the IP symbol above and provide all the data
- Everything gets over, and it is time to add the printer to the computer
But for the Wireless setup to take place smoothly, one should install the driver in the first place.
HP OfficeJet Pro 8710 Fax Setup
Make your printer to be in a ready state for faxing. Since it uses a regular landline service, you have to match with the requirements. You can even use a different phone service variant such as an Internet phone, cellular, DSL, or PBX.
- Firstly, acquire a telephone cord and use the cable that came with your printer
- Also, ensure that you link the power cord with the connectors
- Such connectors consist of two wire leads.
- Link the phone cord to the phone wall jack and the one-line jack to the back of my printer
- In case, if you have an answering machine, you have to connect the phone cable
- You can record all the voice calls without noise that occurs while faxing
- Ultimately, start setting up all the fax settings and preferences
Run the fax test and confirm whether it is successful or not
HP OfficeJet Pro 8710 Driver
The HP OfficeJet pro 8710 driver is available for both Windows and MAC.
Steps to install the HP OfficeJet pro 8710 driver for mac
- Confirm whether the Driver file is available for the MAC operating system
- Then, in the search box, enter the printer model
- If you find the device, choose the search option and take note of the guidelines to install the software
- Surf to the Printing with the Apple Airprint (MAC) and use Apple’s built-in printing solution
You can even find the drivers on the Apple Website itself.
Instructions to get the HP OfficeJet pro 8710 drivers for Windows 10
You need to install the built-in driver over the network connection that either operates on the Windows 10 or the Windows 8 operating system:
- In the Windows, you have to find and open the control panel
- Then select the Devices & Printers option, then tap Add the printer
- The”Choose a device to add to this PC.” window gets opened now
- Tap Next and take note of the on-screen guidelines to install the driver file
- Suppose if the printer is not found in this list, you can try to include the printer manually
The process requires you to change all the DNS port alternatives by yourself.
HP OfficeJet Pro 8710 Troubleshooting
You might face issues with the printer software and below are the instructions to troubleshoot the HP OfficeJet 8710:
- As an initial move, try to reset the system and clear all the errors stated
- Go to the system preferences and choose Reset in the confirmation window
- Delete the driver file and also disconnect the USB cord from the system
- Again hover to the 123.hp.com site and prepare the printer for the software installation
- If anything doesn’t seem to work out, troubleshoot the Wi-Fi connection at once
- Reset the modem or the router and check whether the internet facility is secure
Call us @ +1-844-945-4357 for any issue you face with the HP OfficeJet 8710. Our experts strive hard 24/7 to help you out!